Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
20 Forest Farm Road, Garrison
Historic Garrison Estate with 50 acres and Hudson River views. Built in 1892 as a summer home for one of New York City's most prominent citizens. William Church Osborn was the son of railroad tycoon William Henry Osborn. The father summered in a nearby castle and the son summered here. William Church Osborn served as president of the Metropolitan Museum of Art as well as the Children's Aid Society. Much of the area's present day public park land was once part of various Osborn family estates. That charity has defined the area ever since as a hiking destination. This estate celebrates that history. Designed by famed architect and Garrison resident Charles Haight. The original gardens and landscaping were the work of Olmstead & Sons. Property includes 4 parcels with a granite and stucco main house of over 7300 square feet. High ceilings and huge rooms. 8 fireplaces. 6 bedrooms. Separate 2 bedroom apartment attached to main house. Cedar cottage/barn with 2 apartments and horse stalls. 2 car stone garage. Private pond. Hiking trails.
- MLS# H4831792
- Full Baths7
- Half Baths4
- Square Footage7,334
- Year Built1892
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Residence
- Interior FeaturesMaster Downstairs
- HeatingOil, Forced Air, Hot Water
- CoolingWall Unit(s)
- Has BasementYes
- BasementFull, Unfinished, Walk-Out Access
- # of Fireplaces8
- Address20 Forest Farm Road
- Zip Code10524
- ConstructionStone, Brick, Stucco
- Lot DescriptionBorders State Land, Level, Near Public Transit, Sloped, Stone/Brick Wall, Wooded
- ExteriorStone, Brick, Stucco
- Date ListedJuly 29th, 2020
- HOA Fees0.00
- IncludedBorders State Land, Level, Near Public Transit, Sloped, Stone/Brick Wall, Wooded
- ParkingDetached, 2 Car Detached
- # of Garages2
- GaragesDetached, 2 Car Detached
- ViewMountain(s), Other, Panoramic, River, Water
- Has PoolYes
- PoolInground Pool
- DistrictGarrison Union Free
- ElementaryGarrison School
- MiddleCall Listing Agent
- HighHaldane High School
Price Change History for 20 Forest Farm Road, Garrison, NY (MLS# H4831792)
|Price Reduced from $4,900,000 to $3,900,000|
|Status Changed from Coming Soon to Active||–|
The data relating to real estate for sale or lease on this web site comes in part from HGMLS. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than RE/Max Classic Realty are marked with the HGMLS logo or an abbreviated logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Information Copyright 2021, OneKey™ MLS. All Rights Reserved.
Listing information last updated on April 22nd, 2021 at 6:40am EDT.
Listing Courtesy of: Robert A. McCaffrey Realty Inc.