Carmel NY Real Estate
If you love being close to New York City, but yearn for country living, homes in the pretty town of Carmel strike a perfect balance. With open countryside, clear lakes and night skies filled with stars ... [Read more about Carmel NY real estate...]
Homes for sale in Carmel
Click the links below to sort results by price range.
- All Listings
- $200,000 - $300,000
- $300,000 - $400,000
- $400,000 - $500,000
- $500,000 - $600,000
- $600,000 - $700,000
- $700,000 - $800,000
- Over $1,000,000
Carmel NY Homes
Real estate in Carmel attracts buyers looking for a truly peaceful place to live. You're a bit further from the action here but lot sizes tend to be bigger than in Mahopac and the prices are more affordable. Rural but not isolated, Carmel shares its southern border with Westchester County, allowing commuters to take the Carmel trains into Grand Central Station in less than 90 minutes.
The median price for Carmel NY homes in January 2008 was 325K, approximately 100K less than homes in Mahopac NY
The Carmel New York real estate area consists of Carmel, Carmel Hills, Field Corners, Hopkins Corners, Mahopac, Mahopac Falls, Lake Mahopac, Mahopac Point, Mahopac Mines, Secor Corners, Tilly Foster, and West Mahopac. Carmel is the Putnam County seat and home to about 34,000 residents. You'll find plenty of great subdivisions in Carmel, historic colonial and Victorian homes, cape cods, modern ranchers, new construction and fixer uppers, waterfront homes, townhouse developments, retirement communities and condominiums.
Carmel Subdivisions & Real Estate Developments
Carmel subdivisions include:
- Laurel Farms: 3000+ square foot 4-5 bedroom homes on large lots. Victorian Colonial with luxury details
- Willow Ridge homes: Upscale 3000+ square foot homes on large lots ranging from 650K to 800+K.
- Michael's Glen: 23 newly constructed homes. Beautiful and spacious 4 bedroom 2 bath homes in the 500K to 600K range
- River Run: Newly constructed upscale homes selling for just under one million
- Little Pond Manor - 4 bedroom colonials featuring 2-3 car garages with town water and sewer and natural gas fuel built from 2001-2003
Carmel NY Condos & Townhouses
Condos in Carmel come in many shapes and sizes with prices ranging from mid 100K to 600K+. I specialize in condominium and townhouse developments in this area so please contact me if you want to know anything at all about Carmel condos. Popular developments include:
- Clearing in the Woods and Vista on the Lake: modern garden-style apartment condos priced right
- The Retreat at Carmel: a community of brand new, high end, adult-only condominiums
- Stoneleigh Woods: condos designed for 55 and better living
- Country Villas at Stoneleigh: newly constructed luxury condominiums with all the right details, selling fast
- Hunter's Glen and King's Grant: townhouse style condos that offer convenient and affordable family-oriented living
- Fox Run: priced around 150K, condos in this garden style development make great starter homes
- Sparrow Ridge town homes - a popular single family town home development of 116 homes
- Twin Brook: town homes in the low 300Ks featuring only 49 units
Carmel Golf Real Estate
If you love to golf, you'll love homes in Centennial Ridge, an upscale subdivision featuring huge colonial-style farmhouses close to Centennial Golf Club. The popular club features a 27 hole championship golf course on 340 acres. Six bedroom homes in Centennial Ridge sell for 600K to 900K.
Lake Gleneida Real Estate & Carmel Waterfront Homes
Beautiful homes surround lake Gleneida right in the heart of Carmel NY. Here you'll find everything from charming family homes for 500K to million-dollar Victorian mansions on multiple acres. With lawns stretching down to private beaches and fishing docks, Lake Gleneida homes present a unique lifestyle for families in Carmel. The lake is surrounded by narrow winding streets and architecture that hearkens back to the American Revolution.
You can also expect to find unique second homes, summer homes and retirement properties on the shores of the many other fantastic lakes in the area. Lake Carmel is a popular summer spot and a great place to take a rowboat out in the summer. There are a number of cute homes here but Lake Carmel real estate mainly appeals to buyers looking for an affordable summer home or small seasonal cottage.
Carmel Historic Homes
Proud of its revolutionary history, there are still many Carmel homes and buildings built in the 1800s. Carmel is known as the hometown of 17 year old Sybil Ludington. On April 26, 1777, this female Paul Revere rode her horse through the surrounding towns all night until dawn to warn locals that the "British were coming."
Commute to NY, White Plains & Danbury CT
Carmel residents can take the Harlem line into Grand Central Station via the The Southeast Train Station. The commute to New York takes about 80 minutes. Parking at the Carmel station is good as the facility caters to commuters. Those who prefer to drive can take routes I-86 or I-84 and travel about 50 miles to get to NY.
Many people who choose to settle down in Carmel are also attracted by the short commute to White Plains New York, where a number of major employers are located.
Great shopping in Danbury Connecticut is just 10 to 15 minutes west of Carmel.
Carmel Central School District: The District has three elementary schools, a middle school and a high school and welcomes students and their families from Kent, as well as parts of Carmel, Putnam Valley, Patterson and East Fishkill. Carmel High School placed among the top 5% of all high schools nationwide.
Make an informed decision: Contact Mike Trinchitella, Carmel real estate agent, to find your home in this beautiful New York State community.